Notice for users of this website
The information on this website is subject to a specific policy :
Consultation or use of this site in whatever language involves the full acceptance of the general conditions set out below.
Protection of personal data
AMBA attaches great importance to respecting the right to privacy. AMBA orientates itself towards the principles laid down in Regulation (EC) No. 45/2000 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
In this regard:
- AMBA will collect personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose specified by the data controller for each online service. The information will not be reused for a purpose incompatible with the original purpose.
- AMBA will disclose information to third parties only if that is necessary for the purposes specified and only to the categories of recipients mentioned. AMBA will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes. AMBA furthermore undertakes to take appropriate security measures to safeguard these data from misuse by third parties.
- The data may be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- These data may, however, be kept for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
- Any individual concerned (data subject) has the right to obtain access to and rectification of his or her personal data. Data subjects may also under certain circumstances ask to have these data blocked and for the erasure of data about them which they consider to have been unlawfully processed. Finally, they have the right to object, on compelling grounds, to the processing of their data.
- The website of AMBA sometimes provides links to other internet sites. Since AMBA has no control over such sites, we suggest that you review their privacy policies.
The content of this website includes text data and multimedia items such as texts, drawings, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video material, photographs, programmes and the technology described, which are protected by the provisions of national and international law applying to intellectual property.
These textual data and multimedia items are the exclusive property either of AMBA and/or of their authors and beneficiaries. The intellectual property right holders waive their right to have their name or any other indication appear on the items which they supply for this website.
The user undertakes to respect the intellectual property rights held by AMBA and third parties without prejudice to the rights and exceptions provided for by any binding provisions.
Reproduction of textual data and multimedia items which are the property of AMBA or of third parties and for which AMBA holds the rights of use is authorised for non-commercial purposes only provided that the entire item is reproduced and the source is acknowledged. However, reproduction of certain data may be subject to different conditions; in this case, the item concerned is accompanied by a mention of the specific conditions relating to it.
The user undertakes not to delete or change the indications of the author or the source and not to seek to circumvent the technical measures put in place to protect documents and multimedia items, such as print or download restrictions and visible or invisible tagging. Any infringement may lead to civil and criminal proceedings.
In cases of doubt as to the identity of the right holders or as to the conditions of use of a particular item, a request for information may be sent to the AMBA Committee (for contact details see the "Legal notice" at the bottom of the page).
Despite extensive research, it may be that AMBA has not been able to identify certain authors or right holders of documents appearing on the site. If you are such a right holder, or if you have identified such a right holder, or if there is a mistake on our part, we should be grateful if you would kindly contact the AMBA Committee (for contact details see the "Legal notice" at the bottom of the page).
Disclaimer AMBA maintains this website to enhance public access to information about the institution and its activities.
Our goal is to keep this information as complete, accurate and up to date as possible. If errors are brought to its attention, AMBA will take all possible steps to make any necessary corrections without delay. It can be held liable only for damage which may arise from its errors, under the conditions provided for in the last paragraph below.
The information published on this site is of a general nature only and has not been designed to meet any individual needs. It therefore does not constitute professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, we suggest you consult a suitably qualified professional).
Certain information, including documents available on or via this site can be considered neither as an authentic reproduction of the official texts nor as a faithful verbatim report. Only the official texts published in the Official Journal of the European Patent Office may be considered authentic.
AMBA cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage which may result from use of this site. We take all possible steps to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. Some data or information on this site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. We cannot in such cases guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. AMBA accepts no responsibility in case of defective transmission of data due to the various networks of the internet or to incompatibilities due to the user's web browser.
AMBA cannot guarantee that information from external sources contained on this site is reliable or up to date. The information on this site may link to external sites over which AMBA has no control and for which AMBA can accept no responsibility.